Sunday, December 7, 2008

present and future tense




i wonder what is appreciated in this limited interaction...something i started thinking about last night. i've decided to make a couple things more clear. for myself. creating a space to visually recognize where I've been and what i wish for the most. here are 2 thoughts in the form of poems. the first written by me in 2007. the second written by shelley in 1820.

everything begins clean
deep breaths and shallow sighs
giggles and happy cries
emotional tenderness connected by physical loyalty
a picture perfect

i dig deep and time flies
a shared plateau of anxious and attached youth
stoically I am intimately rejected by your vapid self doubt

descending from a shadow of a former grasp
tears swell the eyelashes of my sincere love
unorganized and exhausted you exploit my appreciation

decisively I attempt a dismount
rejection is my worst thing
I hear my empty scream
I wish i didn't know you anymore
if we are all to be divine than let this be my beginning
when will I ever be enough

written august 27, 2007

and now:

Love's Philosophy

The fountains mingle with the river,
And the rivers with the ocean;
The winds of heaven mix forever,
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divine
In one another's being mingle;--
Why not I with thine?

See! the mountains kiss high heaven,
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister flower would be forgiven,
If it disdained it's brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea;--
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?

- Percy Bysshe Shelley

B

No comments: